I worked on a quick side project today as a wedding present. I used my Grunblau CNC to plasma cut a dinosaur and then welded it together with the TIG welder. It was a good chance to test some changes I made to the packaging of the torch height control electronics and the effectiveness of the water table.
I had some initial issues with the tip plunging into the material, but after replacing the consumables and fiddling with the THC settings a bit it ended up working quite well. The cuts came out pretty clean:
Also, the water table worked very well for reducing the smoke and fumes. Moreover the grate is still working well for supporting the pieces. There is very little cut-through so far and the holes are small enough to prevent parts from falling through.
I made a vide of the cutting and welding process:
And the end result turned out well:
Now back to the 3D printer project!